During the week we stayed in Troutdale (still back in January-I'm so far behind!) the area was smashed by a crazy wind storm. Gust of up to 80mph ripped across the area toppling trees (which in turn blocked roads and damaged houses). On one such windy day we decided to take advantage of the sunshine (all the clouds got blown away) and visit Large Moutain and Crown Point for some stunning views. The road with the tree across it is the one leading to Large Moutain, hence we never made it there. The bottom left is a picture that I took while getting slammed by some ridiculous gusts at Crowne Point. The winds were so strong that they shook the van we were in, knocked me off my feet the moment I stepped outside, and carried my left shoe about twenty feet. Lins and Karen were disturbed by how calmly I got back up, retrieved my shoe, and took this picture. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment